Hello! For those of you who found Loubies and Lulu from my guest post this week on the Whole30 blog, welcome! And for those who have been reading for a while, thank you for your continued support. It means so much to me to have loyal readers like you!
I have a dedicated Whole30 category above, in the menu bar, that has all my Whole30 posts in one place. I’m happy you’re here and I’m excited to do the Whole30 alongside you this month! Be sure to subscribe to my email list on the right hand side of the home page for updates…
I wanted to share some of the recipes I will be cooking up this coming week. I have found that keeping it fairly simple the first week works best for our family. As the weeks go by, I tend to be more motivated to try new recipes.
As an added bonus today, I’m including a FREE downloadable Whole30 Grocery List for you to print and fill out before you hit the store! I organized it in a way that makes it easy to get what I need at the grocery store without forgetting anything. I use my phone to make a list sometimes, but I prefer putting pen to paper and having everything written down so I don’t have to keep pulling out my phone at the store!
Here are some of the things on our menu for Whole30 Week One:
- Typical breakfast for me is scrambled eggs (in ghee), avocado and tomato slices, a banana, and black coffee. But, I also love making fun breakfast casseroles or frittatas like the one below.
- Easy Breakfast Casserole from PaleOMG: It’s very easy to make and you can add different veggies to it to suit your taste. I like to add a little chopped green chile, bell peppers, and mushrooms. It’s delicious and you don’t have to think about what to eat for breakfast when you have this ready to go!
- Curry Chicken Salad from Whole30: I also love the one from the The Performance Paleo Cookbook. Chicken salads made with paleo mayo, packed with plenty of veggies, and some fruit and nuts sprinkled in for crunch are one of my favorite Whole30 lunch options! I like to eat it over a nice bed of greens or wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
- Leftovers: I tend to do leftovers for lunch quite a bit during the week or dine out at one of my favorite Whole30 friendly spots.
- Chocolate Chili from Well Fed: The ultimate Whole30 chili in my opinion! This chili has a rich flavor that is delicious topped with a few slices of avocado. When I make it I use the Chili Powder blend from Morton and Bassett, which gives it a nice little kick!
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole from PaleOMG: This is a new recipe we are trying this week. I chose it because it looks easy to make and sounds amazing! I will keep you posted on how it comes out…
- Chicken Breasts, Cauliflower Mash (from PaleOMG) , and a green salad topped with with our favorite Ranch Dressing
- I’m also intrigued by these unique Epic Winter Salad recipes, featuring the new Epic Bites and Tessemae’s Dressings… The Grilled Delicata Bacon Ranch salad sounds amazing to me!
Need some grocery shopping tips and strategies before you hit the store this weekend? Be sure to check out my post on how to shop smart for your Whole30! This article on how to make the Whole30 fit your budget is very helpful, too!
Thanks for stopping by!