Hi! Thanks for stopping by!
Welcome to Loubies and Lulu! I started L&L in 2012, to share my passion for style, fitness, and healthy living…
What’s in a name? The name comes from two of my favorite brands, Christian Louboutin shoes (“loubies”) and lululemon athletica workout wear (“lulu”). I hope you enjoy reading, and please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, etc. Thank you for visiting!
10 things about me:
1. I’m a small-town girl, from beautiful Taos, NM. My husband, Ryan, and I moved to Dallas 16 years ago, and we love it here!
2. Ryan and I are both passionate about health and fitness and strive to make it a part of our family life. He’s been in the fitness industry since 2000, and I have learned so much from him over the years. He’s also the co-founder of The Move Project, a health and fitness company that focuses on Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT) and personal training.
3. We have two wonderful kids, ages 16 and 7. Crazy gap in age, yes, but makes life interesting!
4. Favorite workout: Resistance training! It took some time to convince me, but I made the switch from cardio queen to lifting 4 days per week. I’ve seen the best results since making this switch. Healthy and strong is the goal! For me, fitness is a mindset and a lifestyle, not a one-time destination!
5. Not gonna lie…..You can find me in workout wear most days of the week! I’m a big fan of mixing my active and casual pieces to create unique looks, and I love to dress up any chance I get! I’m always searching for new activewear brands to add to my rotation…
6. I enjoy trying new workouts and the latest gyms/studios. I usually do yoga, pilates, or other group fitness classes to mix up my routine once or twice a week. (Fun fact: I used to be a group fitness instructor when I was in college, but haven’t taught since!)
7. I enjoy learning about nutrition and how the foods we eat impact our body’s performance and overall well-being. I’ve found there is always something more to learn when it comes to nutrition and exercise. Over the past few years, I’ve become a huge fan and follower of the Whole30 and Paleo lifestyle. It literally transformed my mindset and relationship with food!
8. I love all shopping….in person, window, and online. Enough said.
9. I believe that in order to stay motivated, its important to live a balanced life and treat yourself regularly! But, I also believe that a “balanced life” can mean different things to different people…
10. I try my best to keep it short and get to the point, but I am a rambler! There…I said it 😉
*For more on my personal health and fitness journey, read my “I Am Whole30″ story!
The opinions expressed in this blog are 100% my own. I’m passionate about health, fitness, and style. I am not a health and fitness professional. If products or services I post about have been gifted, they will be noted , as c/o, or as a sponsored post.