Hi! I hope you’re having a lovely weekend! The excitement around the January Whole30 has been amazing and has kept me busy in the best way. I’m so excited to continue sharing how it has changed and continues to enhance my/our family’s life. Please bear with me as I am catching up on blog posts this week!! I’ve been posting consistently on social media as I go, so if you want daily posts, encouragement and support, be sure you’re following me there! I wanted to do a quick post to share what we’re prepping this week…
Sunday: Meal Prep
Here’s what we’re prepping for the week…the goal is to have plenty of elements on hand to quickly assemble tasty Whole30 meals!
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Green Chile, love this because it has all the components of a Whole30 breakfast, plenty of protein, healthy fats, and veggies! I follow the recipe as written but add chopped hatch green chile…yum! You can even add a serving of fruit or avocado slices on the side if you need a little more at breakfast.
- Chicken Breasts or Thighs, cooked in a little ghee in a sauté pan, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Whole30 Ranch & Mayo with my immersion blender! We will use the ranch as salad dressing and as a dipping sauce for meat and veggies. I’ll use mayo in the buffalo casserole and for tuna protein salads for lunch. Ranch is also great used in place of mayo in tuna salad. The store bought versions are great, but homemade is pretty simple to make if you have a little time! Either way, you can’t really go wrong. If purchasing, I like Primal Kitchen Mayo and Chipotle Lime Mayo!
- Roasted Broccoli, baked at 425 for 20 minutes tossed with avocado oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Cut into wedges or cubes, bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes, tossed with avocado oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Try this method, for hb eggs with shells that peel off easily.
- Seasoned Taco Meat, easy protein, ready to go for taco salads/bowls. Melt a bit of ghee in saucepan and sauté chopped up onion and red bell pepper just until softened. Add 2lbs of ground beef seasoned with a little salt and chili powder and cook until browned.
September Whole30 Week Two Dinner Menu
Monday: Buffalo Chicken Casserole
A tried and true family favorite! Usually, I make two smaller casseroles instead of a big one to accommodate those in the family who like extra spicy and those who don’t. I just adjust the amount of hot sauce I use in each one. This recipe is super simple, but it does take a little while to bake, just fyi!
Tuesday: Green Chile Avocado Hamburgers (lettuce wrapped or over greens)
- Prepare your hamburgers as you like, on the grill or in a pan.
- Prep all the toppings and let everyone build their own lettuce wrapped burger or salad. We like to use tomato, chopped hatch green chile, avocado slices, yellow mustard, pickles, grilled onions, and mushrooms.
- You can also put a fried egg on top!
- I usually serve with baked sweet potato hash or wedges, or over greens for a burger salad.
Wednesday: Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetable Bake
A new (to me!) discovery! This meal is sooo delicious and requires little effort. You can use practically any veggies you have on hand but here is one of my favorite combos:
- Chop small red potatoes (into quarters), bell peppers, red onions, and mushrooms, and zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- Toss in avocado oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Put in oven on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Pull out and turn veggies over and put back in for another 10 minutes, checking tenderness. While that is baking, take a package of Whole30 Approved Applegate Farms Chicken Sausage and slice into bite sized pieces. (I like the Sweet Italian flavor for this recipe.)
- Add sliced sausage to mixture, stir/mix it up and put back into oven for another 5-10 minutes to make sure the sausage is warmed through.
- Depending on quantity of veggies you are roasting you can do one or two pans at the same time…
Thursday: Taco Salads / Cauli Rice Bowls:
Another fast and easy meal everyone in the family loves! Use cauli rice as the base (make your own or buy it frozen). Also love this cilantro lime version. followed by seasoned taco meat (from prep) and plenty of peppers and onions sautéed in ghee or avo oil, topped with salsa and guacamole… Or, serve over shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce.
Friday: Recipe Remix (a.k.a leftovers)
Thanks for stopping by! What’s on your Whole30 menu this week? Feel free to share your faves with me…
Photo: Jessica Edmunds