Hope you had a great week! Did you get a chance to try last week’s workout? I received great feedback from readers who did, and today we are happy to bring you another workout for the week ahead! I’ve teamed up with The Move Project for this series, and the circuits they have designed are SO good! For those of you who have asked, this is the way I workout on a regular basis. A typical week for me includes 4 days of weight training and 1-2 days of group fitness classes. I am thrilled to share these programs with you! Be sure to comment and let me know if you try them….
You can do this full body workout 3-4 times this week if desired! Warm up for 5-10 minutes beforehand, complete the circuits, then if you have time, finish off with 20 minutes of cardio intervals on your favorite machine. Be sure that you are varying the speed and resistance for the 20 minutes.
- This workout consists of two circuits.
- Complete 2 sets of each circuit before moving on to the next one. Use an 8-10 rep range for these movements. Use weight that is heavy enough so the last couple reps are difficult to complete, while still being able to maintain good form.
- Don’t rest long between exercises, it’s best if you move from one to the next quickly, to keep your heart rate up. Grab a sip of water if needed, but don’t pause for too long;-)
- Be sure to keep good posture throughout the workout and pause at both the top and bottom of each movement.
Dumbbell Hip Extension
Tricep Push-up (Full or Modified)
Seated Lat Row
Dumbbell Trunk Flexion
Dumbbell Reverse Lunge (one side at a time)
Dumbbell Median Press
Plank (hold 30-60 seconds)
Resistance Band Bicep Flexion
What I wore…
- lululemon athletica Exquisite Tank (also love this one, for a little more coverage): I liked the Exquisite Tank so much I got it in black, of course, and then had to get this gorgeous pink one, too! Love the unique details…classic lulu!
- Athleta Power Through Mesh Crop: These crops have been on repeat! They have a super comfortable high rise waistband and are basic black without being boring, thanks to the perforated detail.
- Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 Sneakers: I really don’t wear anything else! These are my favorites because my foot can actually move in these. They are awesome for training! I also like the Free 5.0 style.
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you add this workout to your Sweat Schedule this week…If you have questions about the exercises, I am happy to pass them along to Ryan and get an answer for you!
Special thanks: The Move Project