Exciting news…I am guest blogging over at My Fashion Juice today!
My Fashion Juice is a Life & Style blog that aims to bring inspiration and creativity to everything we do in our daily lives. Thank you, Cris, for the opportunity to share an outfit + workout post with your readers. I am posting the same piece here as well, but head over to My Fashion Juice, and check out the site. It is packed with great info on fashion, beauty, food, home, travel, tech, and life! Cris and her team are awesome…I am a big fan!
This is a workout circuit that you can do at home or at the gym…
I am featuring another active look from my fit session at Lorna Jane Active Living in NorthPark Center. Last week we talked a bit about the brand, and this week I have a few more amazing pieces to share with you! The workout circuit is from The Move Project and challenges the lower body, arms, and shoulders.
- First, warm up for 5-10 minutes on the treadmill, bike, or elliptical.
- Complete 3-4 sets of this circuit, performing 8-10 repetitions of each movement.
- Do all four exercises in a row, and then start again at the beginning of the circuit. (For the push-ups, you also drop to your knees if you cannot complete them in plank position. If you cannot do 8-10 reps of the push-ups, that is ok! Just do what you can. They are challenging!)
- When selecting how much weight to use for the other movements, you want the last few repetitions to be tough, while still being able to maintain proper form the entire time.
- Optional: Finish up with 20 minutes of cardio, and you are good to go! (Descriptions for the movements are below)
Dumbbell Hip Extension
Dumbbell Bicep Flexion in a Modified Lunge
Dumbbell Lateral Shoulder Raise
Narrow Push- Ups with Dumbbells
Work It Out Wednesday: Focus on Arms, Shoulders, and Lower Body!
- Dumbbell Hip Extension: Hold dumbbells in hands, standing in good posture. Keeping shoulders back, lower the weights in front of you, stopping at about knee level. Pause for a second, and then using your glutes and hamstrings, pull back up to starting position. Pause, then begin again.
- Dumbbell Bicep Flexion in a Modified Lunge: Stand in a modified lunge (not too deep) in good posture. Hold your elbows slightly in front of you with arms extended. Bend your elbows, bringing weights up. Pause at the top of the movement, and then, with control, lower back down to starting position.
- Dumbbell Lateral Shoulder Raise: Hold dumbbells at sides, standing in good posture. Using your shoulders, raise arms to the side, pausing when they are parallel. Hold for a second and then lower back to your sides with control.
- Narrow Push-ups with (or without) Dumbbells: Bring your body into a plank position. Make sure that your head and neck are in alignment with your body. Lower your body down, keeping your elbows close to your sides. Pause for a moment once your elbows are parallel with your sides (don’t go further than this). Push back to starting position.
Location and Programming: The Move Project
Photos by: Jennifer Cortes
SHOP THE BRAND: MORE FROM LORNA JANE ACTIVE LIVING…