One of my favorite salads of all time is the Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad at Nordstrom! If you know, you know! It’s fresh and flavorful, with a savory boost of mild chipotle flavor. I love experimenting with salad dressings at home and had to recrate this one for the September Whole30! No such thing as a boring salad around here…
Marisa and I both love this salad dressing and she helped me taste test to get the flavors right!
Initially I made it without the honey that was listed in the original recipe and it was good, but too tangy. She suggested adding a medjool date to balance it out. Once we blended it into the dressing and tasted it, we knew we’d nailed it! It tastes just like the Nordstrom version…give it a try!Print
Whole30 Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
A Whole30 version of the popular Nordstrom Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette!
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (I used 365 Organic Lime Juice, not from concentrate)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chipotle puree (I used Olo’s Chipotle Paste! )
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 small or 1/2 large pitted Medjool date, chopped into very small pieces for easy blending. My favorite are Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted!
- Place all ingredients in a jar.
- Using a hand held immersion blender, blend the ingredients until they are fully integrated. (You can also use a blender or food processor. I just love my immersion blender and think it’s the easiest method!)
- Chill at least an hour before serving.
- Enjoy on all your favorite salads! This dressing pairs wonderfully with shrimp and avocado as well!
If you can’t find chipotle purée, make it easily by pureeing jarred or canned chipotle peppers in a food processor or blender first, then using it in the dressing.
I used a date to add a touch of sweetness to (counter the tanginess of the lime) to this recipe but if you’re not doing a Whole30 you can try 1-2 tbsp honey. This is what’s listed in the original recipe!
Keywords: Nordstrom Salad Dressing, Whole30, Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
We have loved creating our own Nordstrom inspired salads at home with this yummy dressing!
It’s also wonderful on just about any salad with chicken or salmon! Are you a Nordstrom restaurant fan too? Be sure to check out my Whole30 Kalamata Olive Aioli (yes, the one they serve with their herbed fries for dipping)!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! xx
Photography: Kristen Massad