Taco salad bowls are one of our favorite family-friendly dinners! They’re easy, fast, and never disappoint! When Pure Flavor ® asked me to share a recipe using their delicious Red Royals™ Sweet Cherry Tomatoes On-The-Vine, a satisfying BYO Taco Salad Bowl with plenty of fresh ingredients was the first thing that came to mind!
This is a go-to meal template when I want to get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Our fridge is almost always stocked with these ingredients, and the cooked components can be pre-prepped ahead of time (or quickly cooked). When it’s time to eat, I set everything out separately, and we customize our bowls. Its also a great lunch you can quickly throw together, using the leftover components. When I make this for our family I double the quantities of rice, fajita veggies, and chicken so we have plenty for lunches too.Print
Easy Whole30 Taco Salad Bowls
These taco salad bowls are super flavorful and easy to pull together with ingredients you probably already have in your fridge! Packed with fresh ingredients including Red Royals Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine, it’s a satisfying lunch or dinner anytime!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 entree sized salads 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 16 oz bag (or 2 cups) of cauliflower rice frozen or fresh
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 12oz package Pure Flavor ® Red Royals ™ Sweet Cherry Tomatoes On-The-Vine, sliced into halves
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers sliced thinly
- 1 yellow onion sliced thinly
- 4–5 cups shredded or cut up pieces of romaine lettuce (or greens of your choice)
For the rice: (I like this method because it’s the easiest and the result is fluffy, non soggy rice!)
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the cauliflower rice. Sprinkle lightly with salt and add 1/2 – 1 tbsp of oil of your choice to toss, Then spread rice out in a thin layer. Once the oven is ready, add the baking sheet with rice. Set timer for 20 minutes. Check after 15 minutes for doneness. Put in for 5-10 more minutes if it’s not soft enough. If it’s frozen usually 20 minutes does the trick!
- Transfer to a bowl for serving.
For the chicken:
- Add about 1 tbsp ghee or oil of your choice to a pan and let it melt over med heat.
- Add the chicken thighs, sprinkle generously with salt and chili powder. Use a chili powder or seasoning that contains cumin, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, and oregano to make it easy. I use Morton and Basset Chili Powder or Paleo Powder Pink. Season both sides.
- Cook over med heat, turning every few minutes until cooked through and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Once the chicken is done, move to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. then dice into bite sized chunks and transfer to a bowl for serving.
- Fajita veggies:
- Add sliced onions and peppers to a sauté pan with a little ghee or oil. Or use the same pan you cooked the chicken in to cut down on dishes!
- Sprinkle with the same seasoning you used on the chicken.
- Sautee on med heat until softened but not soggy!
Assemble the bowls:
- Start with a base of lettuce and/or cauliflower rice if you don’t want lettuce. I usually do half and half!
- Layer in chicken, fajita veggies, cherry tomato halves, avocado cubes, diced red onion to your liking
- Top with your fave salsa or dressing!
Keywords: Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Taco Salad
If you’re not in the mood for a salad/lettuce, skip it and serve everything over a bed of cauliflower rice!
Really, you can’t go wrong! You can build to suit your tastes/dietary preferences with what you have available at home! The finishing touch: Top with your favorite salsa or dressing! If you have a few extra minutes, whip up a batch of my Nordstrom inspired Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette! It’s super flavorful and levels up this salad!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! xx
Photography: Kristen Massad
This post was sponsored by Pure Flavor®, all ideas and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Loubies and Lulu!