Can’t believe we’re 2/3 of the way through the September Whole30! This reset has helped us tremendously through a busy month. Since school started, time has seemed to fly by and thanks to the Whole30 we’ve had sustained energy and focus to manage it all!
I need to give Ryan a huge shoutout for helping a ton with the shopping, cooking, and clean up! Teamwork makes the dream work…seriously! It’s definitely a team effort in our household to maintain a healthy lifestyle with work, activities, sports, school, etc. I can’t do it all alone. I know y’all can relate!
Keeping our menus super simple this month has made it much more do-able. Most week-night evenings we have activities or sports, so cooking every night is just not realistic. Doing the meal prep and having leftovers on hand to quickly re-heat has been a lifesaver! Now more than ever, we appreciate the nights we’re actually all at home for dinner at the same time…
On to this week’s menu…adding a few new things to the mix but still keeping it simple!
Sunday: Meal Prep
Here’s what we’re prepping for the week…building blocks for delicious Whole30 meals!
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Green Chile, love this because it has all the components of a Whole30 breakfast, plenty of protein, healthy fat, and veggies! I follow the recipe as written but add chopped hatch green chile…yum! You can even add a serving of fruit on the side if you need a little more at breakfast.
- Chicken Breasts or Thighs, cooked in a little ghee in a sauté pan, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Roasted Broccoli and Asparagus, baked at 425 for 20 minutes tossed with avocado oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Cut into wedges or cubes, bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes, tossed with avocado oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Try this method, for hb eggs with shells that peel off easily.
- Whole30 Mayo (for tuna and chicken protein salads for lunch), with my immersion blender! The store bought versions are great, but homemade actually is simple to make, fast…and cheaper, too! If purchasing, I like Primal Kitchen Mayo.
- Whole30 Ranch A family favorite…everyone loves this! It’s so flavorful!
September Whole30 Week Four Dinner Menu
Monday: Chicken, Green Salad with Veggies and Ranch, Sweet Potatoes (all from prep day!)
Tuesday: Green Chile Avocado Hamburgers (lettuce wrapped or over greens)
I love burgers and could eat one every day. Seriously. Prepare your hamburgers as you like, on the grill or in a pan on the stove. Prep all the toppings and let everyone build their own lettuce wrapped burger or salad. We like to use tomato, chopped hatch green chile, avocado slices, yellow mustard, pickles, grilled onions, and mushrooms. You can also put a fried egg on top! I usually serve with baked sweet potato hash or wedges…
Wednesday: Whole30 Pot Roast with Carrots, Onion, Celery and Potatoes (in slow cooker)
It doesn’t feel like fall yet here, but I like pot roast any time of the year! It’s such a satisfying meal that also provides plenty of leftovers…looking forward to trying this recipe from The Defined Dish!
Friday: Recipe Remix (a.k.a leftovers) or Dining Out
I’ll be posting about reintroduction as we get closer to finishing! Please message me or comment with your questions/concerns about what to do after the 30 days and I will answer them in the post…
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!
Photo: Beckley & Co.