For the rice: (I like this method because it’s the easiest and the result is fluffy, non soggy rice!)
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the cauliflower rice. Sprinkle lightly with salt and add 1/2 – 1 tbsp of oil of your choice to toss, Then spread rice out in a thin layer. Once the oven is ready, add the baking sheet with rice. Set timer for 20 minutes. Check after 15 minutes for doneness. Put in for 5-10 more minutes if it’s not soft enough. If it’s frozen usually 20 minutes does the trick!
- Transfer to a bowl for serving.
For the chicken:
- Add about 1 tbsp ghee or oil of your choice to a pan and let it melt over med heat.
- Add the chicken thighs, sprinkle generously with salt and chili powder. Use a chili powder or seasoning that contains cumin, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, and oregano to make it easy. I use Morton and Basset Chili Powder or Paleo Powder Pink. Season both sides.
- Cook over med heat, turning every few minutes until cooked through and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Once the chicken is done, move to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. then dice into bite sized chunks and transfer to a bowl for serving.
- Fajita veggies:
- Add sliced onions and peppers to a sauté pan with a little ghee or oil. Or use the same pan you cooked the chicken in to cut down on dishes!
- Sprinkle with the same seasoning you used on the chicken.
- Sautee on med heat until softened but not soggy!
Assemble the bowls:
- Start with a base of lettuce and/or cauliflower rice if you don’t want lettuce. I usually do half and half!
- Layer in chicken, fajita veggies, cherry tomato halves, avocado cubes, diced red onion to your liking
- Top with your fave salsa or dressing!