Protein Salads are a favorite No Cook Meal, whether or not I’m doing a Whole30!
They’re my go-to for a quick, satisfying lunch or dinner. Be creative and use mix-ins you have in your pantry and fridge to suit your taste, no boring lunches allowed! Add crunch with diced veggies or nuts…or boost the flavor with a spicy mayo or ranch to bind, endless combinations!
Keep these basics stocked for ready to go Protein Salads anytime: veggies, fruit, nuts, cans/packets of tuna/salmon/chicken, spices, and of course…Whole30 MAYO (homemade or store bought). Protein salads are nutrient dense and filling…try one today! (Another favorite to try: Curry or Waldorf Chicken Salad)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! xx
Photography: Stephanie Drenka
Whole30 Salmon Avocado Protein Salad
- 1 Can Compliant Wild Salmon or Tuna Wild Planet and Safe Catch are favorites
- 1-2 tbsp Whole30 Compliant Mayo of your choice I used plain homemade here, but Chipotle Lime is a spicy favorite
- 1/4 cup or more diced celery
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arugula or other greens
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado halved and pitted
- Hard boiled egg optional add in
- Squeeze of lemon juice or compliant dressing optional add in, I used Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice avocado in half, remove skin and pit, stuff mixture into halves
- Serve over arugula or other lettuce blend with tomatoes and any other veggies you like.
- Optional add ins: hard boiled egg, a drizzle of compliant vinaigrette, squeeze of lemon, olives, leftover roasted potatoes