It’s been fun to see y’all try the Whole30 mayo recipes I shared last week, I’ve been reposting them in my instagram stories! Thanks for tagging me! I also saved my Whole30 story takeover in my highlights and uploaded a mayo video tutorial on IGTV that includes the chicken salad recipe I’m sharing today. Yay!
Here’s yet another way to use your homemade Whole30 Mayo…create a delicious chicken salad! This one is inspired by the Curry Chicken Salad I used to order at Number One (now closed). I was bummed I couldn’t get it anymore, so I decided to recreate it and make it Whole30 friendly! I make extra so I’ll have leftovers for lunch the next day. (If you don’t like curry you can omit it and it will still be delicious, more like Waldorf Chicken Salad!)
Whole30 Curry Chicken Salad / Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 2 lbs cooked chicken lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, diced into small pieces or shredded. (note: After making this with both types of chicken, I’ve found I prefer using diced chicken. It absorbs less of the mayo and allows more of the flavor to come through!)
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 granny smith apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, walnuts, or pecans (or serve on the side)
- 1-2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup homemade Whole30 Mayo or store bought (I like the one from Primal Kitchen.) You can add more to adjust to your liking…
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl, stir until everything is combined and well coated. Then add chicken and combine. Add more mayo if needed.
- Delicious served in lettuce wraps, over a bed of arugula/spinach, or on top of gluten free crackers or your favorite bread (great for food freedom, not Whole30!).
Chicken or tuna protein salads are super easy to fix for lunch or dinner and are nutrient dense and filling…try one today, and if you have a fave, share the recipe with me!
Thanks for stopping by…have a great day! xx
Photography: Stephanie Drenka