Summer is here! Today I’m sharing favorite Whole30 combos for travel and busy days. We’re looking forward to pool time, trips, and adventures while school is out…
Being prepared with snacks everyone loves is key to fueling our bodies for summer fun! And, don’t miss the #DallasDuo on Whole30 instagram stories today, sharing Whole30/Food Freedom travel tips and a Lunchbots giveaway! (For more ideas, check out our recent DWTD travel post and lunch box round up.) Almost everything featured in this post is Whole30 friendly (Food Freedom choices are included, exceptions noted)!
Whole30 reset or not, nutrient dense choices when packing snacks/meals to go is a must!
On vacation, there’s always plenty of opportunities to enjoy less healthy foods and treats, so keeping this as a baseline helps balance everything out. And, packing mostly savory snacks keeps sugar cravings in check. Eating this way helps us maintain our energy/feel great, which is exactly how we want to feel when traveling!
A few times a year we drive to Taos (11 hour trip) and we have our packing down to a science! I pack two smaller coolers; one to pull from during the trip and another to store food to use at our destination. I bring along favorites from home and fill in as needed while we’re there.
“Bento Box” style meals/snacks in Lunchbots containers are a favorite!
We fill them with an assortment of veggies, protein, dips, nuts, meats, fruit, and more! See below for examples of Dallas Duo approved mix and match boxes. Tip: Set out choices and let older kids pack their own boxes, and surprise younger kids with a colorful assortment of foods they love (you’ll be surprised at what kids will try if it “looks fun”)!
- Start with Veggies: celery, cucumber, zucchini, carrots, sugar snap peas, radishes, bell pepper, jicama, cherry tomatoes…
- Add Protein: hard boiled eggs, Chomps turkey or beef jerky sticks, The New Primal jerky, compliant deli meats and chicken/tuna salads…
- Pick your Dips: individual size cups of guacamole, nut butter packets, salsa, Whole30 ranch dressing, other Whole30 dressings/aiolis/mayos…
- On the Side Savory- Nuts/Seeds: cashews, almonds, walnuts, macadamias, pumpkin seeds
- On the Side Savory- Olives: kalamata, black, green, stuffed, compliant tapenades
- Fill in with Fruit: berries, clementine oranges, apples, bananas, watermelon, cantaloupe, pears, peaches, nectarines, apricots…or stop at a road side fruit stand and enjoy the seasonal delights!
- Hydrate: Various still and sparkling waters from Hint, Waterloo, LaCroix. GT’s Gingerade, Cosmic Cranberry, Trilogy, or Passion Berry Kombucha (we like to do a 50/50 mix of the kombucha and sparkling water…see ideas here.
Individual/Travel Sized packages of products we use regularly: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and Matcha Collagen, nutpods creamers (use my code loubiesandlulu for 15% off + free shipping), Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee, Tin Star Ghee and MCT oil, Georgia Grinders (save 20% with code DALLASDUO), Artisana, and RXBAR nut butters, RXBARS, Lyteshow electrolytes, olives, Rockit or Superseedz pumpkin seeds…
Andrea’s Road Trip Essentials: Lunchbots packed with veggies and hb eggs, guac cups, RXBAR nut butters (love vanilla almond with celery!) and bars / The New Primal Beef Thins / Epic Bars / SuperSeedz Pumpkin Seeds / Tin Star MCT oil and Ghee packets / Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee / Lyteshow Electrolytes / Artisana Walnut Butter / Mediterranean Organics kalamata olive packets
Whitney’s Flight Favorites: Lunchbots Small Protein Packer, with veggies and Tessemae’s Ranch packet for dipping, Athletic Greens (not W30), Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel (not W30), Further Foods Collagen, Rockit Snacks Pumpkin Seeds / Epic Chicken Sriracha Bar / Chomps Jerky Stick
A few more popular Whole30 combos:
- The New Primal Beef Thins / Wholly Guacamole cup / cucumbers, zucchini slices, carrot slices
- Apple Slices / Georgia Grinders Cashew Butter (save 20% with code DALLASDUO)
- Curry Chicken Salad / cucumber slices / or favorite crackers (not Whole30)
- Celery Sticks / RXBAR Vanilla Almond Butter
- Chicken Sriacha Epic Bar / Avocado / Cucumbers
- Banana / Georgia Grinders Pecan Butter
- Hard Boiled Eggs / Sliced Bell Peppers / Celery / Zucchini
- Carrots / Celery / Cucumber / Cherry Tomatoes Whole30 Ranch (homemade or Tessemae’s packet)
Food Freedom/Non Whole30 additions: I add the kids’ favorite Simple Mills gluten free cheddar crackers (great substitute for Goldfish!) and chocolate chip cookies to enjoy along with veggies/dips. We also love Jackson’s Honest potato chips, Siete tortilla chips, and plantain chips.
Lunchbots Bento Cinco Large and Small Protein Packer Containers (giveaway here!) / Madewell Tank / Abercrombie Simone Jeans (on sale, $39!) / Etienne Aigner Wade Espadrilles (40% off!) / KenzLove Bracelets (save 20% with ANDREA20)
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway and be sure to comment and share your travel go-to’s with me! Thanks for stopping by! xx