I am almost finished with my first week of Whole 30! I have been experimenting with some new foods, reading up to find more ways to use them. My energy levels are good throughout the day, and I already notice I am sleeping better. Here are a few interesting things I have learned/noticed during this week:
1. I really, really miss chewing gum! This is such a weird thing to complain about, but its true. I was on the Whole 30 forum on their website, and researched why it is not allowed. Here is what I found…”Chewing gum is mindless eating. In addition, it signals your body that food is coming and fakes your digestive system and hormones out. Basically, chewing gum is all bad and no good. Now is a good time to break your habit.” Ugh! Guess I need to just let it go. Oh well.
2. I have been very thirsty. I am not sure why. Maybe its because my protein intake is slightly higher than it was. Either way, I have been drinking lots of water, tea, and coffee.
3. Coconut milk is yummy. I had some left over from the tomato cream “pasta” recipe I made earlier in the week and I didn’t want it to go to waste. I have tried it in my coffee, which is really good, but it won’t be a regular thing for me since I am happy drinking it black. It felt like a treat! I also baked a sweet potato, mashed it up, then added coconut milk and cinnamon to it. It was dreamy.
4. The Whole 30 Forum is amazing. Seriously. If you are planning on trying W30, it is a great resource. It has anything you want to know, and if it is not on there, you can ask.
5. My new favorite meal at Chipotle: (I looked up what I could order there on the forum, of course!) Carnitas on a bed of lettuce with pico, the medium green salsa, and guacamole. Very satisfying and delicious. I only missed the beans and rice a tiny bit 😉