This summer, the kids and I are staying in Taos for a month to visit our family! Summertime is Taos is wonderful, perfect weather makes pretty much any activity possible. It makes me really happy that the kids can spend so much time outside. I love it! And, I also love that the kids will get to experience summers similar to the ones Ryan and I had when we grew up here. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Big D, but it is refreshing to get away, out of the extremes of heat and intense air conditioning for a little while!
Some observations/happenings since we have been here:
1. As usual, I seriously overpacked. I really would have been fine with a big pile of Lululemon and a couple of regular outfits. I have a problem!
2. It has been fun for Marisa to do things outside of our ordinary routine, like going to a camp at Taos Hunting Co. She is learning about the outdoors, nature, and archery. We have also been going to yoga together at Aura Fitness. It is a fun way to be active together, and this studio allows kids 10 and older to take free classes as long as they are accompanied by a parent.
3. We are having a great time, but a month is a LONG time to be away from Ryan! I’m looking forward to him coming back toward the end of our trip and spending some time together here before we go home.
4. I am thankful that I can maintain and mix up my workout routine while I am here. I purchased a 1 month membership to Taos Spa and Tennis Club and have been doing my weights program and taking classes there. I really love it because I can work out and then afterwards take the kids swimming in their outdoor pool. I am also planning on hiking and taking some classes at Shree Yoga in the coming weeks. Taos is a small town, but it has a vibrant health and wellness community!
5. I am introducing my family to Whole30. They have been curious about it after hearing my rave reviews over the past few months. Either they think I have discovered something great, or that I am a little nutty;-) Maybe a little of both! I have been cooking some of my favorite W30 staples for them, and finding some new ones. So far, they love it!