One of the questions I get frequently is, “What do you do when there is NO time to cook?” Although I usually plan and prepare our meals, there are always going to be days when I am short on time, and days when cooking is the last thing I want to do! When I’m in a time crunch, and need to get a quick meal for myself or my family, I look for places that are health-conscious and fast. Thankfully, there is a new convenient + healthy + delicious option in Dallas…Snap Kitchen! Snap features fresh meals, snacks, juices, and coffees that fit into many types of eating plans. Whether you are following a specific diet, or just want to eat healthier in general, Snap has something for you! Also important to mention: They have curbside service! Call and place your order beforehand, and they’ll have it ready. (A busy mom’s dream!!)
Recently, I met with Daniel Magoon, the Lead Dietician for Snap Kitchen in Dallas, to learn more about the concept. He was so helpful, and answered my questions I had about the menu. I was very interested in the Paleo-friendly options on the menu, and was happy to hear that there are several. (They are marked with a cute little caveman symbol) There are even items that are Whole30 compliant! Very exciting stuff.
I love that there are different portion sizes to choose from, and on each item, the ingredients and nutrition facts are listed. Items are labeled with symbols that make it easy to find things that are Gluten Free, Carb Conscious, Sodium Conscious, Non-Dairy, Paleo Diet, Paleo Style, Vegetarian, or Vegan. I wanted to highlight some of the items that were my favorites, as well as items that my family loved. If you are curious about the different labels and specific ingredients, you can find all the info you need on their site, or ask for help in-store. The staff at all the locations I have visited are very knowledgeable about the food they feature! Plus, the stores are well-organized, so that you can find what you need easily.
Here is a sampling of our favorite Snap Kitchen entrees:
Clockwise from top left:
- Spaghetti & Turkey “Bolognese”: Both kids loved this dish, especially the sauce. Made with brown rice pasta.
- Crispy Scottish Salmon with Roasted Carrots and Zucchini (Whole30 friendly): My favorite entree so far from Snap! Flavorful with just the right amount of “crisp” from the almonds.
- Chicken and Green Chile ” Enchiladas”: Spicy and delicious! Marisa and I both loved these. Made with Paleo tortillas and non-dairy poblano “cream” sauce.
- Grilled Kale “Hopping John”: Andrew loved this bowl of rice, beans, and roasted sweet potatoes topped with grilled kale and toasted pumpkin seeds. Ok…so he didn’t love the kale, he wanted me to eat that for him, but he ate everything else! Pretty good for a three year old:-)
- Moroccan Chicken Bowl with Cauliflower Rice (Whole30 friendly): Very flavorful…chicken, cauliflower rice, saffron, kalamata olives, and cilantro.
- Naked Beef with Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Snap Peas (Whole30 friendly): Simple, tasty, and filling!
Not pictured, but also loved:
- Raw Coconut Macaroons: A perfect after-dinner treat with some decaf coffee or tea.
Daniel and I, shopping the store // Great Selection // Three Favorites…
Last but not least..I have to share this coffee recipe with you…its my new favorite when I want a treat, and waaaay better than a pumpkin spice latte! All you do is:
- Pour one bottle of Snap Cold Brewed Organic Black Coffee over ice,
- Then add 1/4 bottle of the Chai Cashew Milkshake…stir, and enjoy! It is SO delicious.
Go: Snap Kitchen Dallas-Area Locations: Uptown, Snider Plaza, Preston Hollow, more coming soon…