If you follow me on instagram, you know that a #ProteinSalad is one of my favorite things to prepare for lunch or dinner! It’s my go-to for a balanced, satisfying (and Whole30 compliant) meal. Truth be told, I enjoy them often, Whole30 or not! Bonus: They can be created quickly with pre-prepped ingredients. Food Freedom/Life After Whole30 is all about finding what works for you and this is a type of meal that’s included in my weekly rotation!
Today, we’re partnering with Whole Foods Market to share a seasonal salad recipe and shopping tips. And we are giving away a $100 Whole Foods Market gift card…enter at the end of the post!
This Strawberry Spinach Chicken salad hits the spot with all the yummy salad fixings and is perfect for spring/summer! It includes organic strawberries, which are on sale now at Whole Foods Market…2/$7! You can make it individual size or as a large entree salad for a group, either way is wonderful. You’ll find the recipe and a fantastic giveaway here! And, head over to Whitness Nutrition to get Whitney’s Seasonal Shopping Tips, to save $ on your next grocery shopping trip. Don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a $100 Whole Foods Market Gift Card in our giveaway at the end of this post!
Whole30 Dallas Duo Tip: Rotisserie Chicken is a huge timesaver! Grab one next time you’re at Whole Foods Market and shred it when you get home for flavorful, ready to eat protein! They have several varieties available, if you’re doing a Whole30 look for the Classic or Plain label…
- Baby Spinach
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Mushrooms (sliced)
- Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- Pederson's Whole30 Approved Bacon (cut into strips and pre-cooked)
- Whole Foods Market Classic Rotisserie Chicken (shredded, served warm)
- Tessemae's Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Chopped Pecans (topper)
- Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
- This is a base recipe. You can make this salad as large as you'd like...for an individual serving or for a group. Adjust quantities as needed!
- 1. Add the baby spinach to a large bowl
- 2. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and sliced strawberries
- 3. Toss with Tessemae's dressing to lightly coat
- 4. Add the shredded chicken (warm if it has been refrigerated)
- 5. Sprinkle with bacon and chopped pecans (you can toast them if you'd like!)
- 6. Enjoy!
- -When serving to a group I like to set everything together on a large platter and small bowls of pecans and bacon strips on the side. Have an extra bottle of dressing and balsamic vinegar available, so people can customize to their liking. It's a great meal to bring to your next get together!
- -I like to add more Balsamic Vinegar (not the dressing, just vinegar) once everything is combined. Brings out the strawberry flavor even more!
Be sure to follow us on instagram for tips, hacks, and motivation, plus reintroduction (links to follow us are in the giveaway below). We’ll be sharing plenty of Whole30/Food Freedom content! While I will be coaching a group, I am not doing the Whole30 this time. If anything I share is NOT Whole30, I will note it. This will be a great time for me to share my “life after Whole30” with you!
Please feel free to reach out with your feedback and questions! Be on the lookout for opportunities to drop in on our events, to join us for a workout or a Whole30 friendly dining experience…
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week! xx-Andrea