I recently partnered with Winter Sweetz to share three favorite recipes featuring their Texas Red Grapefruit!
Our family loved the recipes and they received positive feedback on ig so I wanted to round them up here. Winter Sweetz are packed with flavor, Vitamin C, and are naturally sweeter because they ripen in winter. My kids insisted they didn’t like grapefruit initially, but after trying this variety they were hooked because they’re truly more flavorful and sweet! They also enjoyed them on their own, with nothing added!
Whole30 Grapefruit Avocado Salad
This is one of my favorite restaurant salads (from Dive in Dallas) recreated to enjoy at home! It’s also a great one to make on a large platter, to share. I used shrimp in my salad but it’s also wonderful with chicken or salmon.
- Segment grapefruit (cut off top and bottom peeling first, then sides. Use a sharp knife to slice into segments. (video tutorial here)
- Sautee desired amount of shrimp in ghee, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- While shrimp is cooking, start with a base of chopped romaine lettuce
- Add grapefruit, and sliced hearts of palm and avocado.
- Drizzle with your favorite Whole30 complaint dressing. I love Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Dressing with this salad (also available in single serving travel pouches)!
- After a few minutes turn shrimp to complete cooking, and add to salad.
Grapefruit Cranberry Cooler
Try this crisp + cool pink mocktail when you’re #NotDrinkingRightNow or just want something festive to sip! Its Whole30 friendly, with just enough cranberry kombucha and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice to pack a Vitamin C punch. (If you want to turn it into a cocktail, add a shot of your favorite vodka or tequila!)
- Fill a glass with ice
- Add 2 oz of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- Add 2 oz of GT’s Cranberry Kombucha
- Fill rest of glass with Cranberry or Grapefruit Sparkling Water (my favorites are Good and Gather Cranberry Citrus or Bubly Cranberry)
- Garnish with grapefruit slices, lime wedges, and mint leaves (When you add one of each of these into the drink they infuse even more flavor, works great in a pitcher also!)
Grapefruit Avocado Salsa
I discovered this delicious recipe from The Real Food Dietitians, and it’s quickly become a favorite! Perfect served over romaine leaves with crunchy Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips and/or Plantain Chips for scooping…would also be wonderful as a topper for halibut or salmon. With grapefruit, cilantro, and jalapeño, it literally bursts with flavor! (Whole30 compliant served without the chips!)
What is your favorite way to enjoy fresh grapefruit? Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by! xx