If you loved our previous Dressing the Bump post, get excited…because we have five more maternity-friendly favorites to show you! Just a couple of weeks ago my friend, Marisa Howard, and I put together two complete looks, suitable for maternity, from lululemon athletica Knox Street. After seeing our post on instagram, Kelsey, an Assistant Manager at lululemon NorthPark, reached out to us and offered to show us her favorite pieces for active moms-to-be. Kelsey participates in cycling, pilates, crossfit, and more! At 23 weeks along, she was so kind to show us which pieces have worked for her, and why. Check out the looks we posted in our original post, HERE and at marhow.net, as well as these favorites as highlighted by Kelsey during our store visit.
I’ve linked all of the items below, just click on item name for info….
(1) On the Daily Hoodie: This soft, comfy hoodie is made of lightweight french terry and has side panels that stretch…it will grow with you, and can be worn after baby, too!
(2) Cool Racerback Tank: This is really the perfect layering tank. It is a longer length and will provide lightweight coverage throughout your pregnancy. This tank will stretch to fit growing bellies, and then return back to original size because of the high-quality luon fabric it is made of. And, it comes in lots of colors and prints, so you have options!
(3) Ebb to Street Pant: Sweat wicking, with a wide, comfortable waistband these are perfect for maternity wear. Stretchy, yet supportive! They come in several colors and a few prints, too.
(4) In the Flow Crop: Same qualities as the Ebb to Street Pants, but in a shorter length.
(5) Vinyasa Scarf: A versatile piece for any wardrobe, but especially for moms-to-be, and new moms. This scarf is a multi-tasker. Wear it during pregnancy to dress up your active looks or to add an interesting layer to an otherwise basic outfit. It can be worn several different ways because of the snaps, and can also serve as a baby blanket or nursing cover in a pinch. Check out this video for more ways to wear!
Wearing lululemon while you are expecting can be cost-effective. How?? Well, for one thing, you will wear it during exercise, but since it is so comfortable, you will probably wear it casually, too. And, since it is not technically “maternity” you can wear it post-pregnancy. Kind of amazing that it stretches with you, yet still retains its shape, wash after wash. Also, important to note is that you may need to size up once or twice, when your regular size becomes too snug. But again, it is nice to have the bigger sizes in your closet in the weeks and months after baby, during that “in between” phase. Basically, it’s a great value, because you will wear it a ton! What are your favorites? You can comment and share below…
Special Thanks: lululemon NorthPark + beautiful mom-to-be, Kelsey, for sharing how you Dress Your Bump