We’re headed into our third week of the September Whole30 and feeling great! It didn’t take long to realize we needed this. It’s always a good reset, but sometimes we forget how much of a difference it makes to remove certain foods from our diet for a while. I get comfortable adding foods back in occasionally (dairy, I’m looking at you!) and don’t always notice how they’re negatively affecting my body and health!
Last week was too busy. We stretched our schedule too far! Trying to be better about it this week and get back on track. I know you all can relate to this! What do you all do when this happens? It’s not a pleasant feeling, but it’s a good wake up call to re-evaluate priorities and what’s on our plate, in more ways than one!
On to this week’s menu…adding a few new things to the mix but still keeping it simple!
Sunday: Meal Prep
Here’s what we’re prepping for the week…plenty of elements to use for quickly assembling tasty Whole30 meals!
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Green Chile, love this because it has all the components of a Whole30 breakfast, plenty of protein, healthy fats, and veggies! I follow the recipe as written but add chopped hatch green chile…yum! You can even add a serving of fruit on the side if you need a little more at breakfast.
- Chicken Breasts or Thighs, cooked in a little ghee in a sauté pan, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Whole30 Mayo (for tuna and chicken protein salads for lunch), with my immersion blender! I’ll also use a little of this in the buffalo casserole. The store bought versions are great, but homemade actually is simple to make, fast…and cheaper, too! If purchasing, I like Primal Kitchen Mayo and Chipotle Lime Mayo!
- Roasted Broccoli, baked at 425 for 20 minutes tossed with avocado oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Cut into wedges or cubes, bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes, tossed with avocado oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Try this method, for hb eggs with shells that peel off easily.
- Seasoned Taco Meat, easy protein, ready to go for taco salads/bowls. Melt a bit of ghee in saucepan and sauté chopped up onion and red bell pepper just until softened. Add 2lbs of ground beef seasoned with a little salt and chili powder and cook until browned.
September Whole30 Week Two Dinner Menu
Monday: Green Goddess Salmon with Bacony Brussels (sheet pan, recipe!)
Excited to try a new recipe this week from my friend Alex at The Defined Dish! I always look over recipes to see how “do-able” they are for my limited time and kitchen skills, ha! I love the simplicity of an all in one sheet pan recipe, so hopefully I’ll have success with this one. The combination of flavors sounds amazing! I’m also looking forward to making her Whole30 friendly Green Goddess Dressing…
Tuesday: Recipe Remix (a.k.a leftovers)
Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken Casserole
A tried and true family favorite! Usually, I make two smaller casseroles instead of a big one to accommodate those in the family who like extra spicy and those who don’t. I just adjust the amount of hot sauce I use in each one. This recipe is super simple, but it does take a little while to bake, just fyi!
Thursday: Green Chile Avocado Hamburgers (lettuce wrapped or over greens)
I love burgers and could eat one every day. Seriously. Prepare your hamburgers as you like, on the grill or in a pan. Prep all the toppings and let everyone build their own lettuce wrapped burger or salad. We like to use tomato, chopped hatch green chile, avocado slices, yellow mustard, pickles, grilled onions, and mushrooms. You can also put a fried egg on top! I usually serve with baked sweet potato hash or wedges…
Friday: Recipe Remix (a.k.a leftovers)
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!
Photo: Mary Summers-Hafner