A build your own burger station is a weekly thing in our house, and these spicy additions will take yours to the next level! Elevate your next Whole30 Burger Night with my recipe for Green Chile Avocado Burger Stacks!
We’re huge fans of New Mexico Hatch Green Chile!
It’s great on it’s own as a burger topping and as an ingredient in homemade mayo for an extra kick of roasted green chile goodness! I always have a jar of Zia Hatch Green Chile in Medium or Hot in my fridge and pantry, along with a stash in my freezer! Another handy freezer find are Teton Waters Ranch Burger Patties. They’re quick to make, Whole30 Approved, and delicious!
See the Whole30 Mayo post that includes my Green Chile Mayo recipe and everything you need to know about making your own mayo at home…And, don’t miss my Whole30 Recipe Download, it includes a Chile Connection page with sources and substitutions for green CHILE if you don’t have any on hand or can’t find it locally!Print
Whole30 Hatch Green Chile Avocado Burger Stacks
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Paleo Powder Pink Seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- Romaine or green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 large Tomato (sliced)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- Compliant Dill Pickle Slices (we use Grillo’s or Bubbies Pickles)
- Whole30 Compliant Mustard + Ketchup
- Chopped Green Chile (we use Zia Green Chile Co Med or Hot)
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes (roundest you can find)
- *Green Chile Mayo (see Mayo blog post!)
- Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For the Burgers/Fixings
- FORM ground beef into burger patties .
- ADD to a grill pan or pan on stovetop or outdoor grill.
- SEASON with Paleo Powder Pink (or salt and pepper)
- COOK on medium, turning after a few minutes to desired level of “done” and set aside
- SPREAD Green Chile Mayo on half of a sweet potato bun
- STACK your burger between two buns and garnish with lettuce, tomato, pickles, avocado, chopped hatch green chile, and compliant mustard and ketchup.
For the Potatoes
- PREHEAT Oven to 400
- SLICE potatoes into rounds, about 1/2 in thick
- PLACE on parchment lined baking sheet, leaving space.
- SPRAY or brush avocado oil on both sides
- SPRINKLE with salt and pepper
- BAKE 10 minutes, remove from oven and flip to other side.
- BACK in oven for 10 more minutes or until fork tender.
- Create a deliciously spicy burger stack!
Click HERE for the Green Chile Mayo recipe (and three other variations)!
Another way to serve this is in a bowl over sweet potato hash instead of stacked! Just switch up how you prep your potatoes. This recipe is also an easy one to make with non-Whole30 modifications (when you’re not doing a Whole30 or if there are people in your house who aren’t doing it with you.) You can easily add buns, cheese, and anything else!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! xx
Photography: Stephanie Drenka