In preparation for the Six:02 6k, I’m sharing my pre-run warm-up!
- Begin with feet under hips, toes straight forward, and holding good posture.
- Load one leg. Hinge at that hip, reaching back with opposite leg while upper body leans forward and slightly bend the knee.
- Without touching the trail leg, hold the bottom position for 2 seconds. Press lead heel into the ground as you drive up to starting position.
- Repeat 5-8 times before moving on to the other leg.
Trunk Rotation Isometrics:
- Stand in good posture with hands across your chest, knees in line with your hips, and feet pointing straight ahead.
- Set your shoulder blades down and back. Exhale as you slowly rotate the trunk to the desired side while keeping your head aligned with your sternum.
- Pause for a couple of seconds and breathe normally. Return to starting position then repeat on the same side 3 times for ten seconds before moving to other side.
- You can also do a set turning 20-30 degress to one side, holding and adding a slight side bend before returning to starting position (as shown in the second photo).