Even though I don’t regularly wear much make-up, I love shopping for it and trying new products.
Here are some of my latest faves:
1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, Radiance: I have used the original LM primer for years, and loved it. The last time I visited the LM counter, they showed me this one. I was hesitant, because I did not want anything remotely glittery. By itself, it has a slight tint and just gives a nice, dewy look. You could even wear it alone if you wanted to for very light coverage. Layered with the LM Tinted Moisturizer, it produced a very pretty finish. Hard to describe. Smooth and dewy, but not shiny. Love it!
2. Laura Mercier Undercover Pot: This little pot combines LM Secret Camouflage, Secret Concealer, and Loose Translucent Powder. The Secret Camouflage is an opaque concealer for blemishes and other spots. The Secret Concealer is a creamier formula to use for darkness under the eyes. The powder can be used to set the concealer and as an overall finishing powder. I love the packaging on this! Three great products in one small container. Great for travel. The concealers wear all day and don’t crease. A little goes a long way. I use the LM concealer brush to apply because it is small and picks up just the right amount of product.
3. MAC Penultimate Eye Liner: I discovered this when I was looking for a liquid liner for my daughter’s dance make-up kit. I now use it as well when I want a clean line or to do a mini cat eye look. It is super easy to use and if you don’t get it right the first time, you can go back over it without messing it up. It is like a fine tip felt marker that you can use for a thin line, and the more you hold it on its side, the thicker the line becomes. Very long wearing and dark black color. Passes the all day dance competition test!
4. MAC Cremesheen Glass: This lipgloss is the perfect consistency. It is not sticky feeling at all, but it still long lasting. It has a pleasant vanilla scent. I have it in Deelight, and I love how the shade almost matches the color of my lips. It adds just enough color and is versatile. It also looks great layered over lipstick.
5. Laura Mercier Tone Perfecting Eye Gel Crème: This eye cream can be used day or night. It is lightweight and absorbs quickly. Concealer goes on more smoothly after applying this. It feels sort of cooling when you apply it, and I have noticed that it also reduces puffiness. I even put a tiny bit on my eyelids, as they can get dry in the winter, and my shadow primer goes on fine over it.
6. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color: I have this in Amethyst, and I am definitely going to get another color soon because I really like it. It can be used as an eyeliner or an eyeshadow. If you use it as a shadow, it blends well for a smokey look. You can play with it to make it less intense for day, or more for night. It blends quickly and easily with your fingers. It does not crease.