Already a matcha fan or looking to try something new? Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen is great way to discover the benefits of collagen and green tea matcha, all in one! I’ve been using Vital Proteins Unflavored Collagen Peptides in my coffee daily for months now, and it’s been very beneficial. I was happy to find another collagen product to add to my routine when I’m craving something different!
What are the benefits you’ve experienced from using Collagen?
I get this question often, and personally this is what I’ve noticed with regular use:
- Improved digestion
- Hair and nails grow faster and feel stronger
- My skin feels less dry/more hydrated
- For more info on my morning routine that includes collagen coffee, see this post!
Why Matcha? What makes it special?
- Rich in antioxidants
- More concentrated than brewed green tea
- Contains naturally occurring caffeine, promotes a steady feeling of calm energy and focus
- Contains chlorophyll and amino acid L-theanine
There are plenty of ways to use Matcha Collagen, but making a Whole30 Friendly Matcha Latte (delicious hot or iced!) has been my favorite lately! I’ll also list some popular Matcha add-ins you may want to try…
Andrea’s Matcha Collagen Latte (Whole30 Compliant)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
Milk Frother Method
I use my Nespresso milk frother (on sale!) for a quick solution to heat the almond milk and incorporate the matcha powder all at once!
- Pour 8oz Almond Milk into the milk frother
- Add a scoop of Matcha Collagen
- Cover with the lid, press the button, and let it work its heating/frothing magic! (It will also do a “cold froth” for an iced drink if you hold the button down until it turns blue.)
- Pour into a mug, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
Hand Held Frother Method
- Mix 1 scoop Matcha Collagen into 6-8oz hot water, using a spoon or whisk
- In a separate container, add 4-5 tbsp nutpods and use a hand held frother (under $8!) to create desired froth. (I heat it in the microwave a bit before I froth because I like my drinks hot.)
- Add frothed nutpods to matcha mixture…
- If you don’t like froth, just skip that part and add nutpods as-is. I personally love French Vanilla and lately enjoying Vanilla Lemon in this drink, too!
*Use my code loubiesandlulu to save 15% on your entire order plus free shipping at nutpods.com
For an Iced Matcha Latte:
- First dissolve the matcha collagen and any add ins into 4oz almond milk or water (using a small whisk, hand held frother, blender, or nespresso milk frother).
- Add more (4-6 0z) cold almond milk or other Whole30 friendly milk of choice and stir again.
- Add ice to keep it cold…yum!
- If you’re using a blender, you can just put all ingredients in at once and blend…also works for the hot matcha latte version above.
Customize with these Add Ins! (1 tsp-1 tbsp, to your liking)
- Bulletproof MCT/Brain Octane Oil
- Coconut Butter/Manna (Love Artisana Organics…add to warmed water or almond milk, use frother to incorporate)
- Coconut Oil
- Local Honey to slightly sweeten (*not Whole30)
In addition to drinks, you can also cook/bake with Matcha Collagen! I have not tried this yet, but I’ve bookmarked these recipes to try…
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend! Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to comment and share how you use Matcha! You can scroll through and shop the products mentioned below…
Be sure to enter my Matcha Collagen giveaway on instagram…find me @loubiesandlulu!
Photography: Mary Summers Hafner