A couple of times a year, I like to update my cosmetics collection. For someone who does not wear a lot of makeup, I love any opportunity for someone else to do a makeup application and show me the latest products and tricks. Before we left on our trip, I’d noticed I was running low on a few essentials, so I headed to Neiman Marcus to stock up. I usually like to pick and choose from different counters, but this time I spent all of my time at Laura Mercier.
At the counter, J.J., a LM product specialist was helpful in retrieving the essentials I can’t live without, and showing me the newest products. If you go to Neiman’s at NorthPark Center, ask for her. She did an application that I absolutely loved! There was not a thing I would have changed about it. You know how sometimes when someone else does your makeup, there are a couple of things you have to “adjust” so that it still feels like “you?” Not this time! I felt totally comfortable walking away from the store that day. I was so appreciative that she demonstrated the versatility of the products I purchased, so that I could use them to create a variety of looks on my own. She created a soft, pretty anytime look that highlighted my eyes, and then showed me how I could add to the look for a night out. I look forward to the next time I can have my makeup done by J.J.! Click on the items above or below for shopping information. Or click on the name of the product:-)
- Tinted Moisturizer (in Natural): This is my all-time favorite Tinted Moisturizer. Provides more coverage than most tinted moisturizers I have tried, but not as much as a foundation. It is a must-have for me!
- Primer Protect: This is new. I usually get the regular formula, but I am glad I tried this! It is creamier than the original and has SPF 30. This primer can even be used under your eyes and does not dry the skin. New favorite.
- Undercover Pot: Love having three products in one little package; undereye concealer, blemish concealer, and loose powder. So convenient and great for travel.
- Matte Radiance Baked Powder Bronzer (in Bronze 01): I’ve always been bronzer-shy for fear of over-doing it. This one is very natural looking, and contains a tiny bit of luminous shimmer even though it is a matte formula. Sheer + buildable coverage.
- Finishing Brush: A new must-have in my brush collection. I use this to apply my bronzer, but it also has many other uses. It deposits just enough color.
- Sateen Eye Color (in Stellar) & Matte Eye Color (in Cashmere): Love the texture of these shadows. They go on so smoothly.
- Kohl Eyeliner (in Stormy Grey): I hadn’t used pencil eyeliner in a while, but I am a fan of this one. Glides on easily and is very smudgeable.
- Caviar Stick Eye Colour (in Rosegold): The caviar sticks are now one of my essentials. I have a couple of other colors and use them all the time. Gorgeous colors and minimal effort to apply.
- Lip Glace (in Tulip): Trying to go for a bolder lip these days even though I am a nude gloss fanatic. This looks great on its own, or layered over lipstick.
- Creme Lip Colour (in Royal Orchid): Love this lipstick. Great color and texture.
- Creme Cheek Colour (in Oleander): I have always been a fan of cream blush but had not tried the LM one. The color oleander is gorgeous and gives me a natural looking flush.
- 3 Pan Custom Palette: I didn’t buy this at the store, but decided I had to have it afterwards and ordered online! Perfect for keeping my two new shadows and cream blush all in one compact. Takes up less space in my makeup bag.