When it comes to buying gifts for the guys in my life, (dad/husband/brother/brother-in-laws) I sometimes have a difficult time picking out something I know will be fun to open, and they will love. Recently, I was introduced to a company called “Man Crates.” They specialize in premier gifts for men that won’t disappoint. Each Man Crate comes packaged inside its own (recycled) wood crate, ready to open with a laser-engraved crowbar. They will even take an extra step and package the crate in a “duct tape cocoon!” How much more manly can you get? They have different themes for their crates, everything from “Grill Master” to “Golfer” to “Zombie Survival.” They even have a “New Dad Tactical Kit,” perfect for baby shower gifting. After viewing their website, I thought it would be fun to put together a “Fitness Survival Kit.” In my kit are the ten items I think are essentials for any fitness buff, or aspiring fitness buff. And, my picks aren’t just for the guys…I would happily include any of these items in my fitness arsenal! Click on the links below for shopping information, and scroll through the photos below for these (plus more!) fitness essentials….
- Premium Headset: This one, from Bose is a must-have for anyone looking to tune everything out to focus on your workout.
- Activity and Sleep Tracker: The fitbit FLEX works to help you achieve your fitness goals. It even tracks your sleep, and wakes you up in the morning. Plus, you can get different covers to change up your active look. (Personally, I love the ones from the Tory Burch + fitbit Collection!)
- Kettlebells: (shown in 12 lbs and 20 lbs) Very versatile and useful for resistance training.
- Insulated Water Bottle: The “Groove” from CamelBak is insulated, and great for the gym or home workouts.
- Antimicrobial Towel: The eQua towel from Manduka is great to use for gym workouts or yoga. It even comes in a larger size, and is slip-proof, quick-drying, and wicks sweat.
- Stability Ball: From GoFit, great for trunk flexion exercises and more.
- Fitness Apps: Nike + Running App: (available now for Apple and Android devices) Use to track your distance, route, pace, time, and more. Makes your run more efficient using personalized coaching and audio feedback. MoveFit App from The Move Project: (Coming Soon for Apple and Android Devices) Use this app to get the best in mechanically sound movements and programs that will help you improve your fitness level. Great for all fitness levels!
- Classic Duffel Bag: This duffel bag from Herschel Supply Co. is the perfect size for storing all of your fitness essentials! It even has a separate compartment on the side for shoes/wet clothes.
- Yoga/Exercise Mat: “The Mat” from Lululemon is the best out there! It is reversible, antimicrobial, and has the perfect level of cushioning.
- Resistance Tubing with Door Anchor: The “Power Tubes” from GoFit come in many different levels of resistance and include a door anchor so that you can also do pulling movements. Resistance tubing is great for home or travel workouts. There are so many movements you can do with these!
SHOP THE FITNESS SURVIVAL KIT:
There you have it! It was fun to pull all of these fitness essentials together. I didn’t even venture into active clothing…if you know me, that would be a separate post, all on its own:-) What would you put in your “Fitness Survival Kit?” Comment below…