So, once we signed on to train for the Firefly Run, we knew we’d need a mom/daughter shop date for run specific gear. For us, shopping for cute training gear is part of the fun! In Dallas during this time of year, the weather is very unpredictable…in the 70s one day, and ice storms the next! Because of this, we decided to focus on pieces that can be layered (or not!) to match up to the weather.
Our Plan: Hit ivivva dallas & lululemon knox street for a RUN fit session!
We love shopping at both of these stores! The educators there are always helpful in finding exactly what we need for every activity. In case you are not familiar with the brand, ivivva is an activewear line for girls (sizes 4-14), created by lululemon. They utilize many of the same fabrics, styles, and features as lululemon, but tailor them to girls. They even offer complimentary “made to grow” hemming so the pieces really last, even after a growth spurt! We are so lucky to have an ivivva showroom in Dallas, and we shop there often for dance clothes and other activewear for Marisa. Their products are perfect for active girls! (If you don’t have a showroom or store close by, you can shop online at ivivva.com)
First up was a fit session at ivivva Dallas. Together, we selected some adorable pieces for Marisa. We focused on building an outfit that she’d love, and feel super comfortable training in! From there we went to lululemon Knox, where we browsed the newest technical run arrivals. Keeping in mind that I do lots of different types of workouts, we chose pieces that could also work at the gym and studio! Because of the high-performance, sweat wicking fabrics, I definitely see myself wearing these pieces for cycling or weight training, too. At the bottom of this post, I’ve highlighted what we love about each piece and included links…
Happy Shopping + Running!
(All by lululemon):
- Miss Misty Jacket: Lightweight, wind and water resistant. Has reflective details and a hood that folds/zips into the collar.
- Pace Pusher Top: Made of silky Light Luon, which is sweat wicking and has 4-way stretch. Relaxed fit with thumbholes.
- Mesh With Me Tank: This racerback tank is so chic because of the mesh insets at the neck and back…LOVE the details! It is lightweight, stretchy, and supportive all at the same time. Slots to insert bra cups for shape are an added bonus!
- Inspire Tight II: Love the mesh details on lower leg! Made of luxtreme, feels like a second skin, yet comfortable! Wicks sweat away, two zipper pockets, and the perfect 7/8 length.
- Skinny Flyaway Tamer Headband: Made of Luon, with velvet strips on the inside to keep headband in place, which for me is key. No slipping!
- NIKE Free Flyknit 4.0: My all time favorite sneaker for everything!
Marisa’s Run Look:
(All by ivivva):
- Sprint Speed Jacket: Lightweight jacket that is water resistant, yet breathable. Longer length in back, zipper pockets. Thumbholes and cuffins to cover hands.
- Trail Racer Pullover: Made of super-soft Rulu fabric, and body mapped with mesh for breathability. Thumbholes and reflective details.
- Keep Ur Cool Racer Tank: Made of luon, is extremely comfy and made to layer or wear on its own. LOVE the stripe pattern!
- Vitality Sports Bra: This sports bra has cute straps and is reversible from stripes to solid!
- Race to the Finish Line Crop: Made of 4-way stretch luxtreme fabric, which does a fab job of wicking sweat. Love the hidden side pockets and drawcord waist to customize fit.
- Double Time Headband: Super cute double strap headband that keeps flyaways at bay.
- NIKE Free 5.0: A great flexible shoe for training! Love these in black snake print with pink accents.