UPDATED JAN. 2021 // Hey Friends! I hope everyone is having a great start to the new year! This blog post is one of the most viewed Loubies and Lulu blog post to date (woohoo!).
Because it is so loved, I have updated product links to similar products (for those that are no longer in production) or the exact product from eBay! Enjoy!
I’ll begin by saying that I am not expecting!!!
I posted a preview of our photo shoot on Instagram, and I received an avalanche of text messages from friends asking if I was!! My sweet friend and fellow blogger, Natalie, who is a little over 20 weeks pregnant is the beautiful, glowing mom-to-be that I am featuring in this post. You can find her at thirtyeightfive. She came to me with the question, “What did you wear while you were pregnant, and particularly for working out?” I immediately thought that a girls day out shopping trip to lululemon athletica Knox Street was exactly what was needed, to show her some of my favorites.
As a mom of two, I have first-hand experience with the frustration and challenge of finding things that are flattering to wear while your body is changing…
When I was pregnant, I wanted pieces that looked great, were comfortable, and were cost effective. With a limited wardrobe during those months, you also want the pieces you purchase to work in different ways. That is where multi-funtional lululemon pieces work so well for pregnancy, and afterwards! I wore my regular sizes at the beginning and then sized up when I needed to as time passed and I grew. After baby, I was able to go backwards size-wise, through those pieces, wearing them as I shed the baby weight. Lululemon does not stretch out, so the items I wore while I was pregnant were in perfect shape to wear after, and as an added bonus, they don’t look like maternity wear. Because, who wants to wear their maternity clothes after baby? No one!
As not to cause confusion, lululemon does not make an actual “maternity” line.
However, there are certain styles that work particularly well for pregnancy. These pieces will be our focus in this post! With Natalie as my model, we are going to show you the best lululemon pieces for maternity and post-delivery. For most people, after baby arrives, there is the added challenge of dressing around a body that is in transition. There are people who can wear their regular clothes immediately after delivery, I was NOT one of those people!! My lulu really came in handy as my body was recovering and I was getting back into shape. We will show you the looks below, two active and two lifestyle. As you will see, the lines are blurred with some items, and you can wear them in more ways than one! At the bottom of the photo, the pieces will be listed along with the reasons they are great choices for moms-to-be! And, everything will be listed at the bottom, with links to shop!
Active: Run Times Tank + Lululemon Align Pant
- Run Times Tank (in Heathered Toothpaste/Toothpaste): A light, breezy tank that is also offers support! Made of four-way stretch luxtreme, which is breathable and wicks sweat. Has a drawcord on bottom hem that can be extended or cinched to accentuate that cute bump!
- Lululemon Align Pant : The High Rise Waistband is AMAZING!!! I am a loyal Wunder Under wearer, and I love this new version of my beloved Wunder Under! Natalie said that these felt great on her belly, not constricting at all. You can wear them pulled all the way up, or rolled down under the belly. Also will be great for the weeks after baby arrives, when you want to feel pulled in, yet comfortable. These come in lots of different colors and fabrics. They are a style in my lulu wardrobe!
Active: Cool Racerback Tank + Lululemon Align Pant
Similars: Cool Racerback II
- Cool Racerback Tank (in white): Another core lululemon piece that is released in new colors regularly. This tank is a basic that will get tons of wear. It is thick enough to wear alone, yet thin enough to layer. It does not have a bra built in, so you can wear whatever is fitting you best while you are expecting. Very important. This tank is cut long, leaving room for that belly to grow. I love how it looks on expecting moms, as it shows off the figure a bit more.
- Lululemon Align Pant Same as Wunder Under crops above, just a longer length
Active or Lifestyle: Find Your Centre Wrap
Similar: Rulu Rally Wrap
- Find Your Centre Wrap: Lulu wraps are the best for maternity! I had a Savasana Wrap when I was pregnant, and I wore that thing until it would not button anymore, and then I wore it as a cardigan. Fingers crossed that they will release it again this year. The Find Your Centre wrap is made of Stretch French Terry, and has a hood, pockets, and thumbholes.
- Find Your Centre Wrap Similar
Lifestyle: Wrap it Up Sweater + Cool Racerback + Lululemon Align Pant
- Cool Racerback (in white): Same description as above…
- Wrap It Up Sweater (in Black): Incredibly soft and sweat wicking Merino wool sweater that can be worn buttoned or draped open. This piece that is on my list for fall, too. It has elbow patches, zippers, pockets, thumbholes, and is long enough in back to cover your bottom…sounds like the perfect sweater to me!
- Wrap It Up Similar
- Lululemon Align Pant : Same description as above…
Lifestyle: Anytime Dress + Vinyasa Scarf + Toms Wedge Booties
- Anytime Dress (similar): This is truly a go-everywhere dress! It has a flattering slim fit, with ruched sides, so you can adjust the length. It made of lululemon’s Vitasea fabric, which is a cotton-Lycra blend that is super stretchy, soft, and comfortable. Such a versatile piece that can be worn alone, or layered with tights or leggings once it is colder. You could really dress this piece up by adding some statement jewelry for a night out. I think I’m going to need one of these!
- Anytime Dress Similar
- Vinyasa Scarf: LOVE these circle scarves! They are warm, cozy, and the snaps provide so many ways to wear them. I have even heard that some of you resourceful mamas out there have used them as a nursing cover!
- Toms Desert HIgh Wedge Booties: These booties are super cute and comfortable for everyday. They look equally as good with a dress as they do with a leggings or jeans.
Shop the Look: Dressing the Bump, Lululemon for Moms-To-Be
For an active lululemon look, try these pieces:
For a lifestyle lululemon look, try these pieces:
I hope you enjoyed this feature! If you wore your lululemon throughout your pregnancy and afterwards, definitely comment and let us know which pieces were your favorites…
**Special thanks to our beautiful mom-to-be model, Natalie Bridges, for sharing your bump + lululemon athletica Knox Street for hosting our Style Session!**