Each year the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale preview catalog is a welcome arrival in my mailbox!
I usually grab a cup of coffee and scan the pages, marking all the things that catch my eye. This year is no different! However, I’ll be looking at it through a new lens, because of my recent experience with a Capsule Wardrobe! (Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this post to enter for a chance to win a $1225 Gift Card to Nordstrom, just in time to shop this year’s sale!) Click here to view this year’s catalogs.
If you’ve read my last few posts, you know that I’m trying out this (new to me) capsule concept this summer. So far, it’s simplified things for me, and made choosing outfits a much quicker task! I’ve also found that when I have less to choose from, deciding what to wear becomes less overwhelming and I’m more creative with my choices.
Why? Well, you get discounted pricing on new fall arrivals (for women, men, children, and home) NOW, before the season begins. It’s a great time to invest in the pieces you want for the upcoming seasons, plus staple items you buy regularly, like undergarments and beauty products. I also like to splurge on quality handbags and shoes during this sale because many of the brands featured don’t go on sale very often…
Now that you have an idea of what’s included in the sale, its important to know how it works…
- Early Access starts July 14. I recommend getting in on Early Access because some of the most sought-after items will sell out! You can obtain Early Access with a Nordstrom Card. They offer both credit and debit options, so you can choose the one that is best for you. Personally, I like the debit option that pulls directly from my checking account. Either way, you will also earn points on every purchase you make, earning a $20 Nordstrom Note for every 2,000 points. For more on how this works, click here.
- Public Access to the sale begins on July 22nd. This is when the sale opens to the public online and in stores. The sale ends and prices go back up on August 8th.
Because I’m planning to continue with the capsule wardrobe concept next season, I’m keeping that in mind when shopping the NSale this year! Here’s what I’m focusing on:
- Handbags: I’ve been eyeing the burgundy Alexander Wang handbag with silver studs on the bottom featured in the catalog…so chic! Nordstrom always has an amazing handbag selection for the NSale, so I can’t wait to see what else they’ll have!
- Shoes: Sneakers, Boots, and Pumps for fall
- Activewear: I wear my lightweight army green anorak so often, I’m looking for a similar style in grey to change it up. Also a great time to stock up on leggings!
- Denim: The newest styles and silhouettes are always included in the sale, along with classic staple styles, and at all price ranges!! From designer denim to budget friendly finds under $50 you will find it all in the NSale!
- Outerwear: I’m looking for a classic, versatile coat this year…maybe a wool wrap coat or heavier anorak with fur lined hood…
- Beauty: If there are things you buy regularly, now is a great time to stock up! Nordstrom also has some unique exclusive sets that are included in the sale that are great buys. One of my favorites is their MAC brush sets. They’re priced very well and also make wonderful gifts, if you’re thinking ahead to the holidays!
- I also shop for my husband and kids during the sale….there are always fabulous deals on back to school clothing, shoes, and winter staples!
Be sure to check back here on the 14th and the weeks following during the sale! I’ll be rounding up my favorites by category, narrowing down the huge selection for you. If you have any questions about the sale, or if there’s anything in particular you’re looking for, let me know and I’m happy to help you find it!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day! Be sure to enter for a chance to win below…